What is occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy (OT) is a client-centered health profession that involves ongoing assessments to understand what activities you can do (and those you want to do), any current limitations, your goals/motivations and also to offer advice/techniques about how to do something more easily and safely.
Occupational therapists (OTs) prescribe devices to help you do the activities you want and need to do. They will make sure you can use the device in the best way to meet your needs. This means that you will get a total solution and not just a product.
Who can see an Arthritis ACT occupational therapist?
Our occupational therapist is extensively trained to assist with all manner of conditions including, but not limited to:
- NDIS and registration and reports
- specialised support coordination
- assessments and therapy based plans (adult and paediatric)
- information and education on assistive technology, equipment, and daily living aids
- education and training
- school and workplace recommendations
- and more
What occupational therapy services are available with Arthritis ACT?
Our occupational therapist offers one to one consultations at flexible locations including our office locations, your home or equipment service providers. You do not need to have arthritis to use these services.
Driver Wellness Service
We have an occupational therapist who is fully trained in driver screening and able to conduct assessments for anyone who has a medical condition, disability or injury that may impact on their ability to drive safely.
Through assessing your vision and physical and cognitive abilities related to driving our Occupational Therapy Driving Assessor will be able to:
- Provide advice on driving aids and or vehicle modifications
- Liaise with vehicle modification engineers
- Provide a rehabilitation program
- Put together reports for doctors and the road transport authority
This service is available to both ACT and NSW residents. with no referral necessary. For more information on our Driver Wellness Service see our brochure or telephone our office.