What is the GLA:D program?
GLA:D® (Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark) is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
Research from the GLA:D® program in Denmark shows symptom progression reduces by 32%.
Other outcomes include a less pain, reduced use of joint related pain killers, and less people on sick leave. GLA:D® participants also reported high levels of satisfaction with the program and increased levels of physical activity 12 months after starting the program.
This program is unique in that the education and exercises provided can be applied to everyday activities. By strengthening and correcting daily movement patterns, participants will train their bodies to move properly, prevent symptom progression and reduce pain.
About the sessions held at Arthritis ACT:
- Twice a week for 6 weeks
- Small group classes will run on Monday’s, Tuesday’s & Thursday’s
- There are 14 session in total, including two educational sessions teaching you about Osteoarthritis and Exercise
- Education session 1 and 2 are free for members to come and see what the program is about
- An initial assessment is required with the Physiotherapist prior to commencing the program.
- Suitability for the GLA:D Program will be determined at the initial appointment. Alternative programs may be discussed.